The word holistic means "whole". Conventional medicine tends to focus on the symptom or the part of the body that has the problem whilst the holistic approach takes into account the whole person. Holistic therapists believe that the body has a vital life force. When this becomes out of balance - disease takes a hold. The aim of holistic therapy is to restore the balance of this vital life force and help the body heal itself naturally.
Holistic therapies do not just have physical benefits - they help the mental, emotional and the spiritual well being of a person. Holistic treatments are also deeply relaxing.
This Swedish style of massage is a deep massage to stimulate the circulation, which helps to alleviate muscular aches and pains. It's ideal after sporting activities or simply as a means of relaxation.
Benefits of massage include
- Aids weight loss
- Relieves aches and pains and help to tone the muscles
- Relaxation of tight muscles and helps with stiff joints
- Increases blood circulation
- Stimulates the lymphatic system to aid the removal of waste products in the body
- Improves skin colour/texture/elasticity and breaks down fatty tissue
- Stimulates and soothes nerve endings in the skin
- Aids exfoliation process
- Softens and moisturises skin
- Helps stimulate metabolism naturally and improve general health
Price: £35 Full body massage (55 minutes)
Price: £28 Back, neck and shoulder massage (45 minutes)
Price: £20 Back, neck and shoulder massage (25 minutes)
AROMATHERAPY BODY FACE AND SCALP MASSAGE
Aromatherapy massage combines the power of pure essential oils with a specialised massage drawn from the traditions of both east and west. A full body massage concentrating on back, scalp, face and feet. During massage, spinal pressures will relax you and promote lymphatic drainage and foot massage techniques will work to target the nervous system
Benefits of aromatherapy
- Helps with relaxation
- Stimulates the body circulatory system
- Nourishes organs of the body
- Improvement of lymphatic system to aid absorption of waste products
Price: £40 (70 minutes)
Price: £30 Back, neck and shoulder massage(45 minutes)
Price: £25 Back, neck and shoulder massage(25 minutes)
HOT STONES THERAPY
Hot stone therapy is an exciting massage treatment sweeping the country. Basalt stones are heated and applied to the body in totally unique, and super relaxing ways.
Harmonizing, restoring and rejuvenating the body at its deepest level.
Hot stone therapy goes beyond the physical experience of typical massage and enters deeper dimensions of relaxation, health and well-being. Physically the circulation and metabolism are stimulated; mentally the client reaches a state of deep relaxation and spiritually is balanced whilst healing takes place. Hot stone therapy combines traditional massage with the use of smooth, heated basalt stones, which are applied to the body as an extension of the therapist's hands. The massage is 10 times more effective than a normal massage. The warmth of these heated stones penetrates muscles and balances the nervous system like no other treatment. Crystals can be used during the treatment to help balance the body's energy chakras.
- Deeper relaxation than standard massage techniques
- Toxin removal
- Increases range of motion
- Calms the nervous system
- Increases rate and flow of blood circulation
- Provides relaxation, decongestion and detoxification
- Accelerates lymph drainage
Price: £55 Full Body Massage (70 minutes)
Reflexology has become a popular alternative therapy in the UK during recent years. It has been around for 4000 years and was first used in the middle and eastern continents and was introduced to the Western world during the early 1900's. It is based on the theory that reflex areas on the feet and hands are linked to organs and other areas of the body within the same zone.
A unique massaging method is used by the reflexologist on the patients feet to bring the patient back to an optimal balance of mental and physical well being. Today, reflexology has been recognised to help with a long list of conditions from migraine to sporting injuries and has helped people with pain relief from more serious disease such as cancer. Reflexology should not be used to replace medical care or practice but should be regarded as complimentary to it. Recent scientific studies have been carried out on the effectiveness of reflexology as a treatment. Current results look strong in the areas of stress and pain reduction and pre-menstrual syndrome.
Reflexology has been shown to be effective for treating
- Back Pain
- Sleep disorders
- Hormonal imbalances
- Digestive disorders
- Stress related conditions
- Sporting injuries
Benefits of reflexology include
- Restores and maintains health by relieving the body of toxins
- Improves blood supply that carries nutrients that our bodies need for good health
- Relieves stress and tension
- Relax, balance and harmonise the body
- Strengthens the entire body and supports the body in its own healing process
Price: £30 (55 minutes)
APPOINTMENT: 07789 771838
Hours: - flexible
Booking by appointment
78 - 81 Queens Road
(in front of Brighton Station)
Brighton, BN1 3XE