All of the waxing treatments, roller warm wax system and hot wax treatments are available at The Beauty Room.
Prior to the treatment - the therapist will cleanse the area using a specially formulated per-cleansing lotion. The therapist will then apply a high quality warm wax with a roller or a superior hot wax and remove the unwanted hair. You should ensure that the hair to be waxed is a minimum of around 1cm so that the wax will take to the hair effectively. This is normally around 4-6 weeks post waxing.
Once the waxing has been completed, a soothing tea tree lotion is applied to soothe and help the skin recover from the waxing treatment.
Benefits of waxing
- Will help keep skin looking naturally smooth
- Eliminates stubble growth
- Waxing lasts 4-6 weeks - compare that to shaving which can last just a day or two
- Hairs become sparse over time
- Hairs become finer and weaker
- Slows down hair growth
Waxing: (roller warm wax system)
Full leg £20
3/4 leg £16
1/2 leg £15
High Bikini £10
Underarm £ 8
Hot Wax: ( ideal for coarse, stubborn hair on more sensitive area)
High Bikini £12
Although we can not predict or guarantee who may react, most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. Hair may break at the root during waxing, if hair is thin or weak, causing some hairs to grow out faster. Please follow these guidelines to minimize irritation and possible break outs.
Our Top 8 Waxing Tips
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and wear sun screen; recently waxed areas are prone to hyper pigmentation (permanent darkening of the skin) if exposed to the sun or solarium. Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Do not use exfoliating products (AHAs, scrubs, etc) for at least 24 hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Regular twice to three times per week exfoliation is helpful to remove dead skin so your hairs can get out above the surface of the pores and not become ingrown.
- No hot baths, hot showers or sexual activity for 10 hours after a Brazilian or Hollywood waxing. While your pores are open, they are vulnerable to irritation by the extreme temperatures and infection by bacteria.
- Moisture with a tee tree after every shower, this has a soothing healing, & antibacterial effect.
- Routine waxing helps the skin get accustomed to the procedure and may minimize irritation.
APPOINTMENT: 07789 771838
Hours: - flexible
Booking by appointment
78 - 81 Queens Road
(in front of Brighton Station)
Brighton, BN1 3XE